BHARATIYA MAZDOOR SANGH
Dattopant Thengadi Bhawan
27, Deen Dayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi-110002 Phone N0. 011-23222654, Fax N0. 011-212648
E-mail : email@example.com, Website: www.bms.org.in
Ref No: BMS/2016 Dated: 25-08-2016
Central Government accepted to fix minimum wage and to provide Social Security coverage to Aanganwadi Workers: BMS
The second round talks with Inter Ministerial Group of Ministers headed by Finance Minister Shri. Arun Jaitely with Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh (BMS) held on 24th August evening ended with fruitful results. Governments will announce its decisions soon.
The Government has in principle agreed on some major demands
The following are the areas of agreement-
- The Bonus amendment Act will be implemented strictly. The Central Government will pay back 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 years bonus immediately. Notification by Government to this respect will be given soon .Central Government will take Initiate to vacate stay that pending in different High Courts and Supreme Court.
2. A formula based minimum wages will be fixed. This will be mandatory. A notification in this regard will be published within a couple of days.
3. The Labour Ministry will bring a notification fixing minimum wages to all contract workers. The registration of Contract workers and staffing agencies will be made mandatory and erring Contractors will have to face stringent actions. The Final notification will be brought soon. Sector Specific wages has also been thought.
4. The Government in principle had accepted to bring Aanganwadi and other scheme workers under PF and ESI coverage. A committee consisting of representatives of concerning Ministries such as -Women and Child Welfare, Health, HRD, Labour and Finance ministry will be formed to design this “special scheme” within a time bound period. Announcement of such committee will be made immediately. The Government said that they have already did some experiment in bringing Construction workers and Auto workers under Social Security coverage.
- The Central Government will take immediate steps to release Salary dues to all sick PSUs. Regarding this separate meeting with concerned departments including NITI Ayog will be held soon.
- Sector specific meetings will be held to resolve issues of respective industries like Transport, Heavy Industries, Health, textiles & Jute etc.
7. The registration of Trade Unions will be made within 45 days. The Central Government will seek report from state Governments on the time bound completion of Pending registrations of unions.
8. The Central Government has reassured its commitment to honor tripartite mechanism and ILO conventions. In future, any labour law changes will be made only after thorough consultations with trade unions. It will protect Labour interest and withdraw all anti labour provisions made in the all proposed acts.
9. Central Government is very much serious and committed about the enforcement of Labour Laws at all levels. It will seek compliance report from all state governments and various departments of Central Government. Soon, it will also send an advisory note to all State Governments and also setup a monitoring mechanism at centre.
The Government will bring out its official communication on the deliberations made at group of Ministers meeting on 26th August, 2016. On behalf of Government five Ministers Sh. Arun Jaitely, Sh. Bandaru Dattatreya, Sh.Piyush Goyal , Sh. Dharmendra Pradhan and Dr. Jitendra Singh have participated. On behalf of BMS Sh. Baij Nath Rai, Sh. Virjesh Upadhyaya, Sh. S.K. Rathore, Sh. B. Surendran and Sh. Pawan Kumar have participated. Senior Labour Ministry officials like Special Secretary and OSD Smt. Sathiawathy, Addl. Secretary Sh. HiraLal Sawanriya, Chief Labour Commissioner Sh. Anil Kumar Nayak, PLA Sh. PP Mitra, Joint Secretary Sh. Rajiv Arora and other officials participated. Finance Ministry officials led by Finance Secretary Sh. Ashok Lavasa had a separate meeting with their ministry officials tworkout modalities of outcome of 24th meeting.