7th CPC - IMPORTANT RECOMMENDATIONS
1. DATD OF EFFECT – 01.01.2016
2. MINIMUM PAY – 18000
3. FITMENT FORMULA – 2.57 TIMES
4. FIXATION ON PROMOTION – NO CHANGE – ONLY ONE INCREMENT IN THE OLD SCALE
5. ANNUAL INCREMENT – 3% NO CHANGE
6. MODIFIED ASSURED CAREER PROGRESSION – NO CHANGE – 10, 20, 30
Conditions made more stringent. Bench march “Very Good” required instead of “good”. No Examination for MACP proposed. Hierarchial promotion restored.
7. PAY BAND, GRADE PAY SYSTEM ABOLISHED
New Pension Structure called “Matrix based open ended pay structure” recommended. Total span of the scale 40 years.
8. MAXIMUM PAY INCREASE – 14.29%
9. COMPARISON BETWEEN MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM PAY – 1:11.4 (18000 : 205400)
10. NUMBER OF PAY SCALES – NOT REDUCED - NO DELAYERING
11. ALLOWANCES – NO IMPROVEMENT
Commission recommended abolition of 52 existing allowances such as Assisting Cashier Allowance, Cash Handling Allowance, Treasury Allowance, Handicapped Allowance, Risk Allowance, Savings Bank Allowance, Special compensatory (Hill Area) Allowance, Cycle Allowance, Family Planning Allowance etc.
12. HRA REDUCED TO 24%, 16% AND 8% FOR X, Y AND Z CITIES
13. DRIVERS – HIGHER PAY SCALE REJECTED
14. DA FORMULA – NO CHANGE
15. HBA – NO CHANGE – CEILING RAISED TO 25 LAKHS
16. CASUAL LEAVE – NO INCREASE
17. CHILD Care Leave
1st 365 days – Full pay (100%)
Next 365 days – 80% Pay only.
18. MATERNITY LEAVE – NO CHANGE -
19. LEAVE ENCASHMENT AT THE TIME OF RETIREMENT – NO INCREASE MAXIMUM 300 DAYS ONLY
Medical Insurance Scheme for serving and retired employees recommended.
21. TRANSPORT ALLOWANCE - NO HIKE - ONLY 125% MERGER
Higher Transport Allowance cities (A, AI)
9 and above
7200 + DA
3600 + DA
3 to 8
3600 + DA
1800 + DA
1 and 2
1350 + DA
900 + DA
22. LEAVE TRAVEL CONCESSION (LTC) – NO CHANGE
One time LTC to Foreign Country during the service rejected. Splitting of Home Town LTC for employees Posted in North East, Laddakh, Andaman & Nicobars and Lakshdweep allowed.
23. ACCOUNTS STAFF BELONGING TO UNORGANIZED ACCOUNTS – PARITY WITH ORGANISED ACCOUNTS REJECTED.
24. PERIODICAL REVIEW OF WAGES (NOT TEN YEARS) RECOMMENDED. NO PAY COMMISSION REQUIRED
25. PERFORMANCE RELATED PAY SHOULD BE INTRODUCED IN GOVERNMENT SERVICES AND ALL BONUS PAYMENT SHOULD BE LINKED TO PRODUCTIVITY.
26. COMPULSORY RETIREMENT AND EFFICIENCY BAR REINTRODUCED
Failure to get required bench MarK for promotion within the first 20 years of service will result in stoppage of increment. Such employees who have out lived their ability, their services need not be continued and the continuance of such persons in the service should be discouraged.
27. PROMOTEE AND DIRECT RECRUITS – ENTRY LEVEL PAY ANOMALY IS REMOVED
28. CADRE REVIEW TO BE COMPLETED IN A TIME BOUND MANNER.
Commission recommended to hasten the process of cadre review and reduced the time taken in inter-ministerial consultations.
29. NEW PENSION SCHEME – WILL CONTINUE
30. CEA & HOSTEL SUBSIDY
CEA per month 2250 - 25% increase when DA crosses
Hostel subsidy 6750 – 50& increase when DA crosses
31. GROUP INSURANCE SCHEME
Level Monthly Contribution Insurance Amount
1 to 5 1500 15 Lakhs
6 to 9 2500 25 lakhs
10 and above 5000 50 lakhs
32. PENSIONERS – PARITY – LONG STANDING DEMAND OF THE PENSIONERS ACCEPTED
Commission recommends a revised Pension Formulation for Civil employees and Defence Personnel who have retired before 01.01.2016. (expected date of implementation of seventh CPC recommendations). This formulation will bring about complete parity of past pensioners with current retirees.
33. PENSIONERS – MINIMUM PENSION RS. 9000/-
(50% of the minimum pay recommended by the 7th CPC)
34. PENSIONERS – GRATUITY CEILING RAISED TO 20 LAKHS
35. PENSIONERS – FIXED MEDICAL ALLOWANCE (FMA) – NO CHANGE (RS. 500/-
36. CGHS FACILITIES TO ALL POSTAL PENSIONERS RECOMMENDED
33 Postal dispensaries should be merged with CGHS
37. GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS (GDS) OF THE POSTAL DEPARTMENT DEMAND FOR CIVIL SERVANTS STATUS REJECTED
Recommendation: - The committee carefully considered the demand for treating the Gramin Dak Sevaks as civil servants at par with other regular employees for all purposes, and noted the following:
(a) GDS are Extra-Departmental Agents recruited by Department of Posts to serve in rural areas.
(b) As per the Recruitment Rules the minimum educational qualification for recruitment to this post is class X.
(c) GDS are required to be on duty only for 4 to 5 hours a day under the terms and conditions of their service.
(d) The GDS are remunerated with Time Related continuity Allowance (TRCA) on the pattern of pay scales for regular Government employees plus DA on pro-rata basis.
(e) A GDS must have other means of income independent of his remuneration as a GDS to sustain himself and his family.
Government of India has so far held that GDS is outside the Civil Service of the Union and shall not claim to be at par with the Central Government Employees. The Supreme Court Judgment also states that GDS are only holder of Civil posts but not civilian employees. The Commission endorses this view and therefore has no recommendation with regard to GDS.